Monday, October 25, 2010

day 39_weighing in

It should come as no surprise to you that my lifestyle in America promoted obesity much more than my newly adopted lifestyle here, and even though the boys get tired of hearing the girls whine about their weight - there is some truth ringing clear in our girlish worries! Staying fit is definitely a life long battle! So, of course, with my new and improved habits, I have been anxiously anticipating the moment of truth..... the Weigh In. I discovered a store near Ikea this weekend (their competitor) with a super cheap scale, so I finally broke down and bought one.

Sadly, the misleading numbers revealing that I weighed less than half my previous weight (Awesome!) were in Kilograms - remember? Every other country in the modern world uses metric.

That being said I am still pleased to report that I have lost weight, even if it is an unknown number! Since I didn't exactly weigh myself the day I boarded the plane (exact previous weight unknown)... and every meal before my journey was treated like my "last meal"... I am thinking I'm down about 10 lbs. Woohoo!

All joking aside, I am totally pumped about getting into better shape. So far, my favorite side affect? I am not completely out of breath anymore when I reach the top of the stairway! :) Yay for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment