Monday, November 8, 2010

day 53_I rock.

No seriously. I totally do ;)

Actually, I don't have a car to dance in anymore on my way to the office (I was always so relieved to think "ah, that stranger who caught me dancing in my car will probably never see me again... unless they catch me tomorrow morning on the way to work too..."), but I find myself spending more time listening to my iPod while I work here. For one thing, the tunes are mostly in English - with some Spanish exceptions - and secondly, it is how I keep in touch with people.

I realize that probably sounds strange, so let me explain:
For as long as I can remember, I have named the CD's on my iPod after the people who gave me the CD. I have mom, sis, bro, and most of my BFF's somewhere in my collection. Some people even have multiple albums (ahem... Jason, Dave & Chrissie, you know you do!). I totally love it because every time that I listen to a tune given to me by a friend, I think of the friend - which means that some people cross my mind often.  Mind you, I have learned which music keeps me motivated and working quickly, versus the tunes that I get totally caught up in and have to save for the MRT ride home or something so as not to be too distracted whilst I am trying to accomplish things! Thankfully, I have the original iPod (it has long since been passed by many updated versions that you all are probably more familiar with) but - my iPod holds (I think) 60GB? Something like that. It has a pretty serious collection for my listening pleasure.

Right now, my favorite CD's (just in case you've never checked these out) are:
(in no particular order)

*Miranda Lambert - Gun Powder & Lead/Crazy Ex-Girlfriend* - I confess, I play these two albums in a row, so they sort of blur together for me. Why this CD? Because "baby, to a hammer, everything looks like a nail" (that is so me on a stubborn day) and her music has just enough country flair to feel like Texas to me.

*Switchfoot - Dare You to Move* - Talk about some soul searching, motivational music. This album asks all the questions that no one ever asks you out loud... "This is your life. Are you who you want to be? Are you everything you dreamed?" I know it may seem pretty basic, naive schoolgirl type questions, but really - I like the music because it feels like so many of the reasons that I'm on this big adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment